środa, 27 maja 2015

My old Canon LIDE 25 scanner works only once

My old Canon CanoScan LIDE 25 scanner is not working properly with my new hardware (Intel NUC) and Fedora 21.

I suspected Fedora 21 bug, but the problem is with the hardware, exactly as describe here. Works once and got stuck when scanning next.

It is claimed problem is solved in version 1.025 of Sane. To compile Sane one has to install libusb-devel package first:

yum install libusb-devel

Then:

git clone git://git.debian.org/sane/sane-backends.git
cd sane-backends

# I would like to install whole stuff in /usr/local
# without removing original fedora package
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --sysconfdir=/usr/local/etc \
    --localstatedir=/var BACKENDS=plustek
make
make install

Sane works now.

I would like to avoid mixing original Sane files with the new ones, so I use --prefix and --sysconfdir options with appropriate values. New Sane will be installed in /usr/local and it will be run by default--no need to remove original Fedora packages.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz